Match Loan Program
The State of Oklahoma, administered by the Physician Manpower Training Commission
and a rural Oklahoma community. (50% - 50%)
1. To provide financial assistance to the primary care physician
in setting up a practice in selected communities in Oklahoma.
2. To provide medical care for citizens of Oklahoma, particularly those in
communities of less than 10,000 population.
to practice in an Oklahoma community that is participating in the Match Program.
2. Graduated from an accredited medical or osteopathic college, successfully
completed a postdoctoral program in primary care, and preparing to set up
initial practice or currently practicing a primary care specialty.
3. Has not previously received funding through PMTC scholarship loan programs.
4. Has no other assistance which has a conflicting service obligation requirement.
Amount of Loan
$40,000.00 Maximum - $20,000.00 Minimum. A lump sum payment when the physician
begins to practice in the matching community.
A minimum of two years of practice in the matching community for each $20,000.00
and a minimum of three years for each $40,000.00 received (50% State funds
and 50% community funds). The loan is forgiven after completion of the practice
If the physician decides not to fulfill his/her practice obligation to a matching
community, he/she would owe in a lump sum the principal, interest, and up
to 100% penalty.
Charlotte K. Jiles, Program Coordinator
Physician Manpower Training Commission
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
(405) 843-5667 * FAX (405) 843-5792
Return to Physician/Community Match Program Home