Practice Resident Rural Scholarship Program
The State of Oklahoma, administered by the Physician Manpower Training Commission.
1. To assist Oklahoma's rural communities.
2. To provide financial assistance to residents enrolled in an accredited
Family Practice or Family Medicine Residency Program located in Oklahoma.
Currently enrolled in an accredited Oklahoma Family Practice or
Family Medicine Program.
2. Has no other assistance which has a conflicting service obligation.
Amount of Loan
$1,000.00 per month
1. Agrees to select and match with a PMTC approved rural community
on or before the end of the second year of residency training.
2. Agrees to spend one month during 3rd year of residency on elective rotation
in the selected community.
3. Agrees to return to the community upon completion of residency training,
one month for each month the loan was received, with no credit being granted
for anything less than 12 months.
If the physician decides not to repay his/her obligated scholarship loan by
practicing medicine in the chosen community, he/she will be required to repay
the principal amount, plus interest and a penalty of up to 100% of the principal.
Interest accrues at the Prime Rate plus 1%.
Charlotte K. Jiles, Program Coordinator
Physician Manpower Training Commission
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
(405) 843-5667 * FAX (405) 843-5792
Return to Family Practice Resident Rural Scholarship