2800 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4298
Applications are currently being accepted by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry (ODAFF) for the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.
To be eligible for this grant, projects must solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops in either domestic or foreign markets and must provide a benefit to more than just the applicant. Specialty crops are defined as fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).
Projects will be evaluated on how well they enhance the competitiveness of Oklahoma's specialty crops, soundness and quality of the project plan, measurable outcomes and return on investment. Grant funds will not be awarded for projects that solely benefit a particular commercial product or provide a profit to a single organization, institution, or individual. Single organizations, institutions, and individuals are encouraged to participate as project partners.
- March, 2015 Announce grant opportunity and publish request for proposals.
- April 21, 2015 Submission deadline for proposals.
- May 2015 Proposals evaluated and selected for inclusion in Oklahoma’s State Plan to USDA. Applicants contacted for revisions if needed for submission of State Plan.
- July 1, 2015 Submit Oklahoma’s State Plan to USDA.
- October 2015 Award announcement from USDA