|Dad's Guide to Breastfeeding
Dads are an important source of support and have a powerful influence in the feeding decision for their baby. Dads who support the mom's decision to breastfeed help generate positive energy for mom. Studies show the more supportive dads are, the longer women breastfeed and the more confident they feel.
Dads can encourage breastfeeding by doing some of the following activities:
- Help mom make healthy food choices and help with household chores.
- Attend birthing, breastfeeding and parenting classes with mom.
- Provide encouragement by telling mom how wonderful she is to care for your child in such a special way.
- Give mom a relaxing massage.
- Hold, talk, read, sing, rock, bathe, diaper, burp and walk your baby.
Last Modified on 08/11/2008