Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

I received a Form 1099-G. Is this income taxable? If the Form 1099-G is from the Oklahoma Tax Commission with an amount in Box 2, please continue to the next three paragraphs. If it is from the Employment Security Commission with an amount in Box 1, this is for unemployment compensation you received and it is taxable. You received a Form 1099-G with an amount in Box 2 because you overpaid your state income taxes, which probably resulted in a refund. The taxability of the overpayment depends on whether you itemized deductions in the year that generated the overpayment. If you itemized in the year that generated the overpayment, all or part of the overpayment will be included in taxable income in the year received. The Federal Form 1040 instruction booklet or the Federal Publication 525 has a worksheet to help you determine the amount of your overpayment that will be taxable. If you did not itemize in the year that generated the overpayment, none of the refund is taxable. You may disregard the Form 1099-G. Tax Commission, Oklahoma - OTC
Tax Payments Online Tax Resources

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance