Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

Does OIDS do legal work besides criminal cases? No. OIDS is a creature of statute and can only be appointed to the specific criminal cases that it is authorized to accept under the Indigent Defense Act. OIDS cannot accept or be appointed to civil cases. Matters pertaining to contempt of court (civil), child support, termination of parental rights, juvenile custody determinations, and the like, are civil matters. You may wish to check with Legal Aid in your region to determine if legal services are available to you in your civil matter. In addition, OIDS is specifically prohibited from representing anyone in civil rights or other litigation related to prison conditions. OIDS can only represent a defendant in the defense of criminal charges brought by the State of Oklahoma. Indigent Defense System, Oklahoma - OIDS
Indigent Defense System

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance