Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

I'm relocating to Oklahoma. How can I find which school districts serve the area I'm moving into? If you are new to Oklahoma, it is important for you to know that school district boundaries DO NOT follow city limit boundaries, county boundaries, zip code boundaries, or any other boundaries. The best way to find the correct local school is 1) start with the name of the city used in the residential mailing address; 2) call the superintendent's office for the school district with that same name; 3) provide the residential street address or location to the superintendent's staff. If it is not in the district, the staff will tell you which neighboring district the residence is within. It is also important to ask the type of district in which the residence is located. Oklahoma has elementary school districts and independent school districts. Elementary, or dependent, districts only offer kindergarten through the eighth grade. After the eighth grade, students must transfer to a neighboring independent district for grades 9 through 12. In this case, you may want to review information about both districts by accessing the Profiles: District Report and The School Report Cards. Education Oversight Board-Office of Accountability
District & State Reports for Education - Office of Accountability

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance