The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.
FAQ Search Results
How do I start a business in Oklahoma?
Starting a new business may require you to register with the Oklahoma Tax Commission or a different state, city or county agency. The following steps can help:
- Attend a new business workshop & complete the business registration application for the permits and/or accounts you need.
- Contact the Secretary of State if you intend to incorporate your business.
- Apply to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission to register for unemployment insurance taxes.
Nonresident Contractors in addition must contact:
- Oklahoma Department of Labor , Worker Compensation Division (405) 528-1500 and
- County Assessor's Office of the county in which the work is to be done.
Commerce, Department of - DOC
How to Start Your Business in OklahomaLicensing for BusinessesNew and Small Business Support