Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

A relative/friend passed away and left me a car. How do I change the title over to my name? If the vehicle (identified by V.I.N.) was left to you in the deceased's will, the will must first be probated (unless the value of the estate was under $10,000.00. In that event, contact a tag agent or the Motor Vehicle Division for assistance) before any action will be allowed. Once probated, you may present the letters testamentary issued by the court and awarding you the vehicle, along with a copy of the deceased's death certificate, to any tag agency to transfer ownership of the vehicle into your name. If the deceased left no will and you are entitled to the vehicle (no other party has a superior claim), you may obtain and complete appropriate title transfer documentation at any tag agency. In addition to these documents, you will be required to provide a copy of the deceased's death certificate. Tax Commission, Oklahoma - OTC
Birth and Death Certificates Tax Resources Vehicle Registration

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance