TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS FINANCE
What is the Technology Business Finance Program?
OCAST’s Technology Business Finance Program (TBFP) provides funding for high-tech companies that are just starting out or established needing to evaluate the marketability of a new technology. TBFP is administered through a contract with a private not-for-profit company, i2E Inc. Awards are typically in the range of $35,000 - $50,000 although in special cases the award amount can be increased. The program does require payback of the funds awarded and the paybacks are generally triggered by pre-negotiated and pre-determined events that mark major milestones in a company's success, such as sales of products/services, licensing agreements, sales of patents, mergers or acquisitions or subsequent infusions of investment capital. The paybacks are then rolled back into the program for future awards.
Why Technology Business Finance?
- Awards typically in the range of $35,000 - $50,000 to fund high-risk evaluation of new technologies prior to investment capital
- Funds can be used to determine the best approach for commercialization of a new technology
- Funds can be used to help position a new technology for access to investment capital through the Oklahoma Seed Capital Fund
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants must be in the process of commercializing advanced technology, defined as a state-of-the-art, proprietary product, process, material, design and/or know-how.
- Firms must be technology-based, sufficiently innovative to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace and have the potential for significant, high-performance growth.
- Firms must be located in, or must have relocated to, and be primarily domiciled in Oklahoma prior to the receipt of TBFP funds.
How to Apply?
|Oklahoma City Office
840 Research Parkway, Suite 250
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Toll Free: 800-337-6822
618 E. Third Street, Suite 1
Tulsa, OK 74120
For more information on OCAST sponsored programs, please click here.