The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the Division of Central Accounting and Reporting (DCAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix A3: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
DCAR Newsletter, Volume 25, FY-2015
Vol. 25, No. 6 - Dec. 12, 2014 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- Workers Comp Premium Important Change Effective Jan. 1, 2015
- Closing of the Federal Government's Executive Departments and Agencies on Friday, Dec. 26, 2014
- Payroll Processed Before a Reversal is Completed
- Refunds of Taxes for Overpayments to Employees (Form 94P)
- Deceased Employee Payroll Processing, Reporting
- OMES Contact Information for Tax Year 2014 Reporting
- W-2, 1099 Pick-up Instructions
- State HCM System Use of Employee Addresses on W-2s
- PeopleSoft MailDrop for Year End W-2 Processing
- Payroll – End of Calendar Year 2014
- Backup Withholding
- 2015 Rates & Maximums
- Correcting W-2s
- Federal Income Tax Withholding
- Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4)
- Employee Overpayments Collected After Year End
- Taxable Fringe Benefits
- 1099 Information
- 2014 - 1099 Report
- 1099 File Format - Outside Agencies
- Vendor Management
- Change in Access to View Deposits, Corrections and Transfers
- Mileage Reimbursement Rate Increases for 2015
- Object of Expenditure Code Revisions
- Calendar Year 2015 P-Card Pay Cycle
- New Voucher Rejection Procedures
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Course