CP Processes, Rules & Statutes
CP Contact Info
CP Library: forms, PIMs, memos, etc
VENDOR INFORMATION VERIFICATION
1. Sales Tax Permit Verification
Prior to the award of a contract exceeding the dollar threshold defined as "fair and reasonable", a state agency shall verify the vendor to which the contract is to be awarded has obtained a sales tax permit from the Oklahoma Tax Commission pursuant to 68 O.S. Section 1364. Sales tax permit verification is not required for purchase card acquisitions per the State Purchasing Director. If a vendor cannot be found by searching the database, the correct phone number to call at the Oklahoma Tax Commission is 405-521-3160. Remember, verification of a sales tax permit must be documented in the acquisition file.
2. Business Registration Verification with the Secretary of State
3. Workers’ Compensation Insurance Coverage
Bidder is required to provide with the bid a certificate of insurance showing proof of compliance with the Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Act.
4. Vendors Debarred, Banned or Suspended
- The US Government has identified organizations and people as threats to the United States. It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide "material support or resources" to a designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO). Additionally, the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, and those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. OFAC acts under Presidential wartime and national emergency powers, as well as authority granted by specific legislation, to impose controls on transactions and freeze foreign assets under US jurisdiction. Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments. What does this mean? State agencies are prohibited from doing business with the organizations or people listed in the websites below:
- Federal Debarment - The Common Rule states, "Grantees and subgrantees must not make any award or permit any award (subgrant or contract) at any tier to any party which is debarred or suspended or is otherwise excluded from or ineligible for participation in federal assistance programs under Executive Order 12549, "Debarment and Suspension"." Before awarding a contract which is funded in whole or part with federal funds, check the website to ensure the vendor is not on the debarment or suspension list. Document the contract file that the vendor is not listed on the debarment and suspension list. The website address is https://www.uscontractorregistration.com/