CP Processes, Rules & Statutes
CP Contact Info
CP Library: forms, PIMs, memos, etc
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I get a copy of a bid?
- All solicitations issued by Central Purchasing are posted on the web site www.omes.ok.gov
- The solicitations are located by the following links, Central Purchasing (Procurement Services) > ITB/RFP's. Central Purchasing encourages you to visit the site frequently and consistently, as bid opportunities are posted daily and solicitations are no longer mailed to prospective vendors. Registered vendors, however, are notified of these pending solicitations via fax or e-mail. Solicitations and attachments may be downloaded from the site.
How can I view a previously awarded bid?
- Contact the assigned Contracting Officer who awarded the bid and arrange to review.
How soon can I get the results of a bid opening?
How can I learn what the state is buying?
- From the Home page, choose Central Purchasing and then the SW Contracts link from the column of links on the left. This document contains a list of all current statewide contracts. A list of current solicitations can be found behind the ITB/RFP’s button on the left side of the page.
Can a bid be accepted after the bid opening date and time?
- Under no circumstances will late bids be accepted, regardless of the reason. All bids must be received by the bid opening date and time shown on the bid document.
Why has my company not received any bids?
- The commodity code drives the electronically distributed bid list. If you are not receiving bids or email notifications, you may not be enrolled in the correct commodity code or you may have an incorrect address on file.
Are faxed bids acceptable for a sealed bid?
- No. A faxed proposal does not guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the sealed bid process.
Who determines the need for products and services requested in the solicitations?
- A state agency generally determines the need for a product or service in conjunction with the actual end user. The role of State Purchasing is to purchase in accordance with the laws, to ensure competition and provide guidance.
When can my company bid an equivalent to the brand and model number listed in the Invitation to Bid?
- Unless the bid specifically states “Proprietary” or “No other brands will be acceptable,” equivalents are acceptable.
What are the most common mistakes that cause a bid to be rejected?
- No signature on bid.
- Bid not received on time.
- Failure to quote price.
- Prices are not firm for duration of contract period.
- Failure to meet or exceed the published specifications.
- Required non collusion affidavit has not been properly executed.
- Failure to meet mandatory requirements.
- Failure to provide proof of complete insurance information per solicitation requirements.
- Failure to attend mandatory pre-bid conferences when required by the solicitation.
Where do I go to drop off bids, vendor applications or for a meeting with the Central Purchasing staff?
- Central Purchasing office hours are from 8 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m. on Monday-Friday.
- The Central Purchasing Division is located in Suite 116, Will Rogers Office Building, 2401 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105. The Will Rogers Office Building is located on Lincoln Blvd., just northwest of the State Capitol. Visitor parking is on the West side of the Will Rogers Building (yellow markings, 2 hour limit, parking on any other spaces is subject to ticketing). If you require further directions, please call (405) 521-2110.
Where can I find a copy of Central Purchasing administrative rules, policies and procedures and a copy of the Central Purchasing Act?
- These information resources are on the State Purchasing website, behind the link called Statutes and Rules.
If a vendor has a question concerning ITB/RFP's which are posted on the website, who do they contact?
- Vendors must contact the Central Purchasing Contracting Officer whose name is identified on the solicitation signature page. Vendors may not directly contact the state agency.
When are the bid results available for viewing on the website?
Purchase Card (P/Card)