Current Releases / Popular Downloads
Audit Search Engine
P-Card - Audit Issues and Fraud Contributors
News & Information
Best Practices / Agency Networking
AUDIT UNIT PRESENTATIONS
Optimizing Your Purchasing Program
E-mail JoRay.McCoy@omes.ok.gov to be placed on early notification list for pre-registration.
Speaker: JoRay McCoy, OMES Director of Audit and Internal Investigations
Course Description: This course was developed based upon experience obtained from involvement with over 100 audits of purchasing programs and state contracts. Through this interactive course, the objective is to provide information and examples of different purchasing processes and procedures used by different programs that are efficient and effective methods of operation. Best and worst purchasing and purchase card practices used will be discussed along with our most common findings. Included in the course will be discussions on purchasing fraud and ethics. The course also includes an interactive section to enable participates to discuss specific issues that affect their program.
E-mail JoRay.McCoy@omes.ok.gov if you are interested in hosting an event.
EARLY E-MAIL NOTIFICATION - PRE-REGISTRATION
To be placed on the Audit Units presentation early notification e-mail list, send your e-mail address to (JoRay.McCoy@omes.ok.gov) indicating you would like to be added to the list.
- Big Bang, Small Budgets - Data Mining with IDEA in State Government presented at The 3rd North America IDEA User Conference (September 2012)
- More with Less - Data Analysis - National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers (NASACT - 2009) NSAA/NASC JOINT MIDDLE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
- A Sound Audit Program That Achieved Program Effectiveness - National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP) annual conference
- Accountants Changing Environment (Association of Government Accountants)
- Streamlining Your Procurement Streamlining Your Procurement Program in a changing Environment (OkAPP Seminar)
- Purchase card controls, compliance issues and fraud prevention. (2009 OKC and Tulsa Purchase Card Conference)
- Optimizing Your Purchasing Program (Best and worst purchasing and purchase card practices, Purchasing Program Tips, Examples of different purchasing processes and procedure) (6hr CPO Course, OJA, DCS)
- CPO Training - OMES DCAM Audit Process and Bid Process check list (ODOT)
- Audit Issues, Reporting Requirements, Grants, Common Rules, OMB Circulars: A-87, 102, 110 and 133, Internal Purchasing Procedures (Annual CPO Course)
- Discovered, Uncovered and the Known - Procurement Audit Issues (OkAPP)
- Knowing Your Purchase Card Program - (OkAPP Seminar)
- Procurement documentation and common audit findings (OHFA)
- Discussion, demonstration and review of the data analysis software used by the OMES DCAM Audit Unit (GRDA, Tulsa Public Schools, OSU and Hilti North America)
- The State of Oklahoma Purchase Card Program Audit Process (Oklahoma Purchase Card User Group Conference)
- Purchase Card Audit Findings (Association of Government Accountants)